Day to day tasks
Common examples of tasks undertaken by an IT help desk technician include:
- Providing assistance to customers who experience technical problems. Most commonly, this involves either telephone or online communication.
- Using diagnostic techniques and problem-solving methods to troubleshoot issues over the telephone, via live chat or as part of an on-site visit
- Talking customers through a troubleshooting process and working together to rectify problems
- Identifying effective solutions and offering explanations to customers and employees
- Recording events, concerns and issues and updating case queries and customer statuses
Know more: what is a help desk technician